This page contains relevant referee information for the 2021 Smack New England Winterfest. We work very hard to include all important information here as it becomes available.
Here’s how you can do your part… If you are officiating at this tournament, read this carefully. If there is something you think is missing, read it again. Be certain you’ve looked at all the applicable links and downloads. If after you’ve done that, something is missing, by all means, drop a line. We’re FAR from perfect and we want to be sure everyone has a hotel room for the weekend and knows where to go and when to be there. But the first thing we do when we get a question is to wonder if we messed (usually at a time when time is of the essence).
Thanks very much….
Please direct questions to Steve Webster, email@example.com (but please read below before writing).
Updated June 3, 2021
Housing information is now available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xfi45d4ll4ft3e/2021_WF_Referee_Housing.pdf?dl=0
In some cases, we do not have confirmation numbers. When those are available, we will post new information.
Updated June 1, 2021
Interactive map of Mohegan Sun that you may find valuable can be found at https://meetings.mohegansun.com/interactive-maps/function-space-guest-rooms/
Updated May 30, 2021
- Referee notes for the tournament can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdooq8agbso2yk5/2021%20Boston%20VB%20Festival%20Referee%20Notes.pdf?dl=0. This year, we’re using a new venue, have some Covid issues to discuss, and some referees who may not be familiar with NERVA convention center protocols. So, please read this document carefully and print it out and/or have a copy handy for reference.
- The best place to park is the Winter Garage, which is the closest garage to the Expo Hall (where the courts will be located).
- There will be a mandatory referee meeting at 7a on Saturday in the Beaver Room. Referees on the schedule for 745a must arrive in time to have their temperature checked prior to the meeting. Those who start after 745 may have their temperature checked after the meeting.
- To be paid, ensure your SportWrench registration for this tournament (not your profile) includes your correct ArbiterPay number and username (that’s your ArbiterPay username, not your Arbiter username). If you don’t have an ArbiterPay account, get one at https://www.refpay.com/system/register1.php.
- Housing information will be posted on this page as soon as it is available.
Updated April 2, 2021
Dates: June 5-6, 2021
Mohegan Sun, 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd, Uncasville, CT 06382
Play begins Saturday, June 5 @ 8a
There will be no pre-tournament meeting on Friday night, but there will be meetings Saturday and Sunday prior to play, depending on when referees start.
Register at SportWrench.com. Note: To register, you must be fully eligible to referee in SportsEngine.
Please be sure to complete information about travel plans and housing needs (we can’t help you unless you tell us your plans).
Current SafeSport and USAV background check are both required.
All matches (2 out of 3)
Jr National/National: $36/match
There is no travel reimbursement available for this event.
TBD. We are working to determine how to best handle meals. Stay tuned.
Provided, double occupancy. Tournament will house referees on Friday and Saturday nights.
Before you ask… regretfully, there will be no singles available, regardless of the referee’s willingness to pay half of the room cost. This is just the reality of the 2021 tournament.
Parking at the event is NOT reimbursed.
** IMPORTANT **
Payments will be made electronically by the Wednesday following the event via ArbiterPay. To be paid, you MUST register with an ArbiterPay ID — No exceptions.