March 4-6, 2022
This page contains relevant referee information for 2022 NIKE Boston Volleyball Festival #2. We work very hard to include all important information here as it becomes available.
Here’s how you can do your part… If you are officiating at this tournament, read this carefully. If there is something you think is missing, read it again. Be certain you’ve looked at all the applicable links and downloads. If after you’ve done that, something is missing, by all means, drop a line. We’re FAR from perfect and we want to be sure everyone has a hotel room for the weekend and knows where to go and when to be there. But the first thing we do when we get a question is to wonder if we messed (usually at a time when time is of the essence).
Thanks very much….
Please direct questions to Steve Webster, email@example.com (but please read below before writing).
March 2, 2022
If you have any issues with checking in, the hotel not showing rooms as comps, etc., please let Tim Velozo know right away by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 28, 2022
Just days away!
Pre-tournament referee notes at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/106IJETjujhm377lAVoIyJUtE0_rS-cty/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111885574768290308566&rtpof=true&sd=true
Please read this information, as it will assist you in packing and planning, getting into the convention center, and with tournament logistics.
Housing information is not yet available. It will be posted on this page when it is.
The referee schedule is also not yet available. That will go live on Thursday.
Thursday, March 3, 2022, 730-930p (ish)
Rosa Mexicano, 155 Seaport Blvd, Boston MA 02210 (that’s close to the convention center)
Appetizers provided by NERVA. On your own for beverages.
January 26, 2022
The 2022 NIKE Boston Volleyball Festival is closing in for all of us. Just a few weeks away.
Hope you are looking forward to it. Some To Dos for you right now
- If your plans have changed and you are no longer able to attend, please modify your registration to withdraw (that will make me sad).
- Everyone should look at their SportWrench registration for Boston and ensure that the information in Sportwrench reflects reality. When we go to put together the housing information and then the schedule, we use what you put in those fields. Remember, if we have incorrect information, we won’t be able to accommodate you as much as we’d like. We might not put your with your desired roommate, there may be room night issues, etc. It’s well worth 5 minutes to make sure things are ship shape. We begin the housing process at least two weeks prior to the tournament, so that Wednesday night email alerting us of an issue may be too late.
- Hotel nights needed
- Desired roommate
- Availability dates
- Carpooling info
- Ensure your ArbiterPay information in SportWrench is correct. For instructions on this, please go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjfpQVy2nzIEQSYGjuVGPd2gEvWVavuOu2EMhIGsorg/edit?usp=sharing. Please note, your ArbiterPay username is often NOT your Arbiter username. Please double/triple check this so I don’t have to chase you down after the tournament. Wrong information will likely delay payment (for you and everyone).
Obtaining travel assistance
For those eligible for travel assistance (out-of-region junior national and national referees and regionals), you must do the following. Please follow these exact directions to simplify processing.
All travel receipts should be sent to Maria Ferraraccio (email@example.com) with the following EXACT subject line:
2022 Boston Festival Travel Reimbursement – YOUR NAME
For those flying, send your airline receipts. For those driving, send an email detailing your home city and number of RT miles and the identity of the driver.
Maria will verify your certification and then add these funds to your pay at the end of the tournament. We will not be processing receipts sent after the tournament. We are paying people via ArbiterPay so the bookkeeping process will be efficient for everyone.
I’m sure you know this, but allow me to say it anyway… No playing the system on this. If people cheat, this fabulous benefit will be eliminated (and who wants that?). Please be honest.
During the tournament, please be sure to thank AJ Joseph and Dave Peixoto for this very generous program. It wouldn’t exist without their backing.
Thanks in advance for your help in making this work smoothly.
I know there are COVID-19 protocol questions out there. Look for that information when it becomes available.
- Dates: March 4-6, 2022
- The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
Halls A, B, and C
415 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210
- The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
- Courts: 90
- Referees Needed: ~140 referees
- Level: Girls 16 Open/USA/American, 17-18s Open/USA/American/Club, M&W Open
- General tournament information: https://jvctournaments.com/BostonVolleyballFestival
- Please be sure to complete information about travel plans and housing needs (we can’t help you unless you tell us your plans).
- Current SafeSport and USAV background checks are both required.
- Preference will be given to referees available throughout the tournament.
- Basic 2/3 matches (other formats will vary slightly):
- Provisional: $30/match
- Regional: $34/match
- Jr National/National: $38/match
- Convention center food vouchers are provided for lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
- Provided, double occupancy. The tournament will house referees on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Referees will be housed in hotels in the area. We wish we could house everyone immediately next to the event. That, alas, will not be possible.
- Parking at the event is NOT reimbursed.
The tournament will provide travel assistance to nationally rated and regional referees from outside of New England. To be eligible, referees must be available for a full officiating schedule from the beginning of the tournament through the end of the tournament (~5p Sunday).
- Up to $200 for USAV Junior National and National officials FLYING from outside of the New England Region and up to $150 for USAV Regional Officials (with regional chair recommendation) with submission of airline or train receipt.
- Up to $150 for Junior National and National officials DRIVING from outside of the New England Region and up to $100 for Regional Officials (with regional chair recommendation) driving from outside of the New England Region. Total will be determined in advance on a case-by-case basis. Assistance will be provided to only the driver for those carpooling.
** IMPORTANT **
- Payments will be made electronically following the event via ArbiterPay.
- To be paid, you MUST register with an ArbiterPay ID — No exceptions.