February 19-21, 2022
This page contains relevant referee information for 2022 Smack SpikeFest – Springfield. We work very hard to include all important information here as it becomes available.
Here’s how you can do your part… If you are officiating at this tournament, read this carefully. If there is something you think is missing, read it again. Be certain you’ve looked at all the applicable links and downloads. If after you’ve done that, something is missing, by all means, drop a line. We’re FAR from perfect and we want to be sure everyone has a hotel room for the weekend and knows where to go and when to be there. But the first thing we do when we get a question is to wonder if we messed (usually at a time when time is of the essence).
Thanks very much….
Please direct questions to Steve Webster, email@example.com (but please read below before writing).
Updated February 16, 2022
Updated February 15, 2022
- Referee notes for the tournament can be found HERE.
- Please read this document carefully and print it out and/or have a copy handy for reference.
- Housing information will be posted as soon as it is available.
- The referee schedule will be posted when available (likely Friday).
- Dates: February 19-21, 2022
- The MassMutual Center
1277 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01103
- The MassMutual Center
- Courts: 12
- Referees Needed: ~20 referees
- Level: Girls 12-15’s Open/USA/Club, 16 Club
- General tournament information: https://jvctournaments.com/SpikeFest
- Please be sure to complete information about travel plans and housing needs (we can’t help you unless you tell us your plans).
- Current SafeSport and USAV background checks are both required.
- Preference will be given to referees available throughout the tournament.
- Basic 2/3 matches (other formats will vary slightly):
- Provisional: $30/match
- Regional: $34/match
- Jr National/National: $38/match
- Convention center vouchers will be distributed for Saturday & Sunday lunch and dinner, and Monday lunch.
- Provided, double occupancy. The tournament will house referees on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Referees will be housed in hotels in the area. We wish we could house everyone immediately next to the event. That, alas, will not be possible.
- Parking at the event is NOT reimbursed.
- There is no travel assistance provided.
** IMPORTANT **
- Payments will be made electronically following the event via ArbiterPay.
- To be paid, you MUST register with an ArbiterPay ID — No exceptions.