NERVA will continue to monitor the situation and abide by USA Volleyball guidelines.
Click here for the USAV Return to Play Guidelines
USA Volleyball Updates are available at https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/features/usa-volleyball-response-on-coronavirus. Parents always should do what they feel is in the best interest of their athlete. If you do not feel safe attending an event simply stay home!
1. Clubs may resume activities (outdoor or indoor) ONLY when clearance has been given by State Authorities AND USA Volleyball has returned sanctions.
2. Virtual training/coaching/instruction/meetings may occur ONLY with the guidelines set by USAV listed below:
VIRTUAL GUIDELINES: April 17, 2020 USA Volleyball from Jamie Davis CEO
Following several communications with the USOPC, the U.S. Center for SafeSport, and our insurance providers, USA Volleyball has received permission to sanction virtual training/coaching/instruction/meetings during this period of sanction suspension. We are extending this sanctioning immediately, however, any virtual training/coaching/instruction/meetings involving minors are subject to requirements of MAAPP, specifically the regulations on electronic communications and one-on-one interactions. These requirements include the following:
- All virtual trainings/coaching/meetings must be “observable and interruptible,” able to be ended at any time, and have at least two applicable adults on each session, i.e., coach and assistant, coach and club director, etc.
- All parents/guardians must be provided the code or link to join the virtual session.
- All parents/guardians must sign a waiver in advance as these sessions could be viewed as individual training. A record of which clubs/coaches have been approved to conduct these sessions should be kept. USAV has created a standardized waiver form that is to be used.
- If a minor athlete ends up emailing a video to a coach for feedback or additional coaching, the coach needs to copy the parent/guardian and/or other applicable adult on all correspondences.
To be clear, virtual training/coaching/instruction/meetings will only be considered sanctioned so long as the above requirements are followed.
We are confident you will find this update to be good news in these unprecedented times.
Stay safe, stay healthy and GO USA!
Please stay safe and healthy everyone.