NERVA SafeSport & IMPACT Information
The following courses are available for the upcoming season.
- U.S. Center for SafeSport “Core” Training: This is required training for adults who have regular contact with amateur athletes who are minors, and/or have regular contact with or authority over an an amateur athlete who is a minor. The training must be completed before regular contact with an amateur athlete who is a minor begins; or within the first 45 days of initial membership, or upon beginning a new role subjecting the adult to the MAAPP. Available to USAV members for free.
- 30-Minute Refresher: This is conducted annually following “Core” Center for SafeSport Training. This training is 30 minutes and is a review of the information shared in the Core Center for SafeSport Training. Available to USAV members for free.
- Athletes turning 18 during the season, whose teammates are minors, will be required to take “Core” Center for SafeSport training upon turning 18. To prevent any disruption in play, the center will allow athletes who are 17, turning 18 during the season to take “Core” given parental consent. Once a player turns 18, he or she will not be permitted to continue play until “Core” SafeSport training has been completed. Complete the parental consent form in SportsEngine before registering for training if you have a minor athlete who needs to take the training. Once the form is completed, your child will be enrolled in SafeSport training. A notification of registration will be sent to the email address on file to access the course.
- Youth Training Courses: The U.S. Center for SafeSport has launched youth courses. This training is not mandatory and will be offered through the Center’s website at athletesafety.org. It requires parental consent. The parent/legal guardian creates the account to provide consent for the child and to decide which course is best for their child. Courses are for preschool age; grades K-2; grades 3-5; middle school and high school. These free courses are for minor athletes and their parents to understand the importance of positive, welcoming environments in sports, where misconduct like bullying or abuse is less likely to happen, and to know where to report abuse, should it happen. MINOR PARENTAL CONSENT FORM: https://fs28.formsite.com/USAVolleyball/SSConsentform/index.html
For SafeSport Registration Instruction through SportsEngine, please click here.
Please read the following information regarding IMPACT.
- IMPACT Online: You can take the USA Volleyball on demand course for FREE. Course length is approximately 5.5 hours. The course is designed for you to stop and restart. It will be FREE for all current USAV members.
To register for the new IMPACT course at no charge, participants must have a current membership thru SportsEngine. The IMPACT course DOES NOT include SafeSport Certification.